RAPIDEXON – 100ML
RAPIDEXON – 100ML is a product based on Dexamethasone sodium phosphate (2mg/ml or 0.2%) x 100 ml, Similar to Rapidexon de Fatro Lab, Is the dexa 0.2% more Extensively popularized in camel racing for its effectiveness
Pharmaceutical Form: Injectable Solution
Route of administration: IM, IV, IA and SC
Indications: Inflammatory and allergic processes, primary ketosis and induction of labor.
Pharmacodynamic properties: This preparation contains the sodium phosphate ester of dexamethasone, a fluoromethyl derivative of prednisolone, which is a potent glucocorticoid with minimal mineralocorticoid activity. Corticosteroids reduce the immune response by inhibiting the dilation of the capillaries, migration and function of leukocytes and phagocytosis. Glucocorticoids act on metabolism by increasing gluconeogenesis.
Interactions and incompatibilities RAPIDEXON – 100ML
• Simultaneous use with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may aggravate ulcers in the digestive tract.
• Because corticosteroids may reduce the immune response to vaccines, dexamethasone should not be used in combination with vaccines or within two weeks of vaccination.http://www.tacomavetmedication.com
Indications and target species
Equine, Camel, Dogs and Cats: Dexamethasone can be used for the treatment of inflammatory and allergic processes.
Equine/ Camel: Treatment of arthritis, bursitis or tenosynovitis.
• Except in emergency situations, do not use in animals suffering from diabetes mellitus, renal failure, heart failure, hyperadrenocorticism or osteoporosis.
• Do not use in virosis during the viraemic phase or in cases of systemic mycosis.
• Do not use in animals suffering from gastrointestinal or corneal ulcers, or demodicosis.
• Do not administer intraarticularly when there are signs of fractures, bacterial joint infections or aseptic bone necrosis.
• Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance, to corticosteroids or to any excipients.
Side effects RAPIDEXON – 100ML
• Corticosteroids are known to have a wide variety of side effects. Although elevated single doses are usually well tolerated, prolonged administration may lead to severe adverse reactions, which may also occur with long-acting esters. Therefore, doses for medium to long-term treatments should generally be reduced to the minimum necessary to control clinical signs.http://www.tacomavetmedication.com
• Corticosteroids may cause iatrogenic hyperadrenocorticism (Cushing’s syndrome) during treatment, which causes a significant alteration in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, proteins and minerals; For example, redistribution of body fat, weight gain, weakness and loss of muscle mass and osteoporosis can occur. During treatment, effective doses suppress the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. After treatment discontinuation, signs of adrenal insufficiency can occur which can lead to adrenal cortical atrophy and this may render the animal unable to cope properly with stressful situations. Therefore, care should be taken to minimize the problems of adrenal insufficiency after treatment withdrawal (for more information, see standard texts). RAPIDEXON – 100ML
• Systemically administered corticosteroids can produce polyuria, polydipsia, and polyphagia, especially during the initial stages of treatment. Some corticosteroids may produce water and sodium retention and hypokalemia in case of prolonged use. Systemic corticosteroids have caused sedimentation of calcium in the skin (cutaneous calcinosis).
• The use of corticosteroids may delay wound healing and immunosuppressive actions may weaken resistance to